Michaels takes the issue of privacy on the Internet very seriously.
To view Your Privacy Rights, click here.
General Conditions of Use
Michaels hopes you enjoy the Site and use it safely and constructively. Your use of the Site does not entitle you to continue to use the Site. Your use of the Site is at the sole discretion of Michaels, which may deny you further use of the Site at any time, for any reason, with or without cause.
Your use of the Site must always comply with applicable law. In particular, but without limitation, you agree and represent not to use the Site to:
Return to top
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable or harasses or advocates harassment of another person or promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Michaels official, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party;
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, network, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any content that involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices, proprietary designations, or labels of the origin or source of any material included on or uploaded to the Site;
- solicit passwords or personal identifying information from other users for commercial, unauthorized or unlawful purposes;
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose; or
- do any other act which is otherwise inappropriate for the Site, in Michaels’ sole judgment.
Access and Interference
Systematic retrieval of data from this site to create or compile directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, a collection, compilation, database or directory without the express written permission of Michaels is strictly prohibited. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Web pages or the content contained herein without our prior expressed written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to bypass any code which may be included to prevent you from breaching the obligations in this paragraph or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our or our host’s infrastructure.
You may not engage in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” or any other practice or activity the purpose of which is to obtain lists of users, portions of a database, or other lists or information from this site, in any manner or in any quantities not authorized by Michaels. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Michaels or its affiliates without prior express written consent. You may not use meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Michaels’ name or trademarks without the express written consent of Michaels.
Return to top
Michaels no longer sends copies of our advertisement via the US Postal Service or Canada Post. There are three ways to obtain a copy of the Michaels ad:
- The ad is inserted into participating local newspapers;
- It may be viewed online on the Site; or
- You may receive the ad via email.
If you are currently registered with Michaels, please update your profile and opt-in to receive the Michaels ad via email. Otherwise, please register with us. Michaels’ coupons are only available in the advertisement inserted in participating local newspapers.
If you have any other questions concerning our Advertising Policy, please visit the Customer Service link.
Return to top
Michaels coupons are available in the advertisements inserted into participating newspapers, in direct mailers, in the weekly ad at Michaels.com, in the Michaels mobile app and via the Michaels email program. If you are not already receiving coupons via email, please visit Michaels.com and register to receive discounts. Coupons are not available in Michaels stores. If you have any other questions concerning our advertisement policy, please visit www.michaels.com and select the customer service link located at the bottom of the home page.Return to top
Not valid on: As Seen on TV, Silhouette and Cricut brands; Custom special order products, services and package pricing; custom invitations, canvas prints & photo center purchases; Fiskars Fuse Creativity System Machine, Strathmore 300 series 3-pk. assorted value paper pads, Rainbow Loom & rubber bands, sewing machines, all Lego Friends, Lego Creator and Lego For Young Builders product, 4' and taller Christmas trees, Stuffies, books, magazines, CD/DVDs, gift cards and debit card products; Buy More, Save More offers; sale, clearance or buy & get items; Buy the Bunch™ orders; online purchases; class, in-store, birthday party, shipping, delivery or installation fees. Limit one coupon per customer per day; no combining offers. Printed coupon must be surrendered or electronic copy scanned at purchase. Not applicable to prior purchases. Limited to stock on hand. Void where prohibited. Valid only in US/Canada. Exclusions subject to change. See store associate for details.
Bonus coupon disclaimers will vary dependent upon specific category or products offered. Please check bonus coupon received for applicable exclusions.
(As of March 5, 2014)
Registration and Passwords
Registering with the Site provides you many benefits. When you register with our Site, we will remember your information for future use. This makes your experience on our Site easier and more convenient. When you use the Site and sign in, you have easy access to your order status, a convenient “personal address book” to store frequently used shipping addresses, and access to our community features, including forums and chats.
When you register with Michaels, you have the option to create your own address list. This feature allows you to store up to 10 names and addresses of people to whom you frequently send gifts. It’s easy to add, change or delete information from your address list at any time. The information in your address list is for your convenience only. Michaels will not use your address list to contact people on your list except with a specific question about a delivery and then Michaels will ask your approval before making the contact.
When you register, you will be asked to select a password. You will also be given the opportunity to provide a password hint. If you forget your password, Michaels will provide you with the hint to help you remember. However, to keep your information secure, Michaels cannot provide you with your password. If you cannot remember your password even after receiving the hint, then you can call 1-800-MICHAELS for assistance. When you register, we also ask you to enter a Login ID. If you have forgotten your Login ID, please reregister as a new user.
When you register, or when updating your registration profile, you have the option to join the Michaels mailing list. By opting to join the mailing list, you will receive notifications of events, sales and other important and useful information. To change your password or any other personal information you have previously provided to Michaels, click on “My Michaels,” sign in to the Site, then choose “Edit Account Information.”
In consideration of your use of the Site as a registered user, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site’s registration form, and (b) maintain and promptly update the registration information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Michaels has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Michaels has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
Please refer to Your Privacy Rights to learn about what information Michaels collects and why.
Return to top
Changing/Modifying Your Account
We make it easy for you to update your registration profile, information in your personal address book, your site password, and other similar items . We have the following options for changing and modifying information about your account.
You can call: 1-800-MICHAELS.
You can edit your account information by navigating to “My Michaels“ and choosing “Update Account”
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site is protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and other intellectual property rights.
- Michaels grants you a personal, revocable, nontransferable, and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of the Site on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code (except and solely to the extent required to be permitted under law); sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the software contained in or other intellectual property included on the Site.
- Michaels, the Michaels logo, Michaels.com, the Michaels.com logo, Michaels Home Collection, Kids Club, the Kids Club logo, Michaels The Arts and Crafts Store, and other trademarks, service marks, logos, product names and service names (collectively, the “Marks”) are owned or licensed by Michaels Stores, Inc. You agree not to copy, display or otherwise use any of the Marks without the prior written permission of Michaels.
- You may not utilize the Site design or layout. Page headers, custom graphics, button icons, scripts and other elements of the Site are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of Michaels may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Michaels.
- The entire Site, and all object code and source code associated therewith, are copyright 1999 - 2007 Michaels Stores, Inc. All rights reserved. The arrangement and compilation of all content on this Site are the exclusive property of Michaels and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this Site is the property of Michaels or its software licensors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws.
No part of this Site may be reproduced, used or appropriated in any manner for any purpose without the express written consent of Michaels.
Return to top
Third Party Copyrights
Michaels respects the intellectual property of authors and creators of visual images and we ask our customers to do the same. A copyright exists in nearly all images and artwork. Copyright vests in its owner the exclusive right to make copies, publicly distribute copies, publicly display the work, and prepare other works based on the original. Federal law provides both civil and criminal penalties for violation of a copyright. Michaels and its customers are each subject to the copyright laws.
You represent and warrant that you possess all necessary rights to use the content that you submit to Michaels, whether in our stores or through the Site, and that use of such content does not violate the foregoing. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims arising out of or relating to any content that you submit to us. By submitting content, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use the content in any manner that Michaels deems appropriate, in our sole and exclusive discretion.
If you have any questions, you should consult a lawyer who specializes in copyright law.
Return to top
Links to Other Sites; Framing this Site
The Site may contain links to third party websites. Such third party websites are not under the control of Michaels. Please note that Michaels is not responsible for the accuracy or content of websites of other providers, even if a link has been provided from this Site. Accordingly, Michaels can neither make a representation concerning the content of these sites to you nor can the fact that Michaels has provided this link serve as an endorsement by Michaels of this or any other site. In creating hypertext links to any other website, Michaels is not recommending that website or giving any assurances as to its standing. Michaels is providing this link only as a convenience to you. The inclusion of these links is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed, or products or services offered, on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites. Michaels makes no warranties, explicit or implied, regarding the performance of the links, the performance of the outside sites or the contents of the outside sites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any portion of this Site (including any image found on this Site, any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information or any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on this Site) without prior express written consent.
Return to top
Comments and Submissions
Michaels appreciates your comments, remarks, feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions you disclose or transmit directly to us (collectively, “Your Comments”). Michaels is not obligated to keep Your Comments confidential or pay you or anyone else any money for Your Comments. Your Comments shall become the property of Michaels upon receipt, which means that Michaels shall own all right, title and interest in and to Your Comments.
Users of the Site are able to make certain comments, reviews, submissions and messages that are publicly-accessible on the Site (collectively, “Public Postings”). When you submit Public Postings, you grant Michaels, and all others who access the Public Postings, the worldwide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Public Postings (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate them in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Michaels shall have the right to use photos or other images you submit to us or post on the Site, such as images of completed crafting projects, in marketing materials, advertising or in any other manner, so long as such images do not include personally identifying text, without securing your additional approval.
Michaels has no obligation to monitor postings, however, you acknowledge that Michaels has the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Public Posting that is made on the Site. In particular, but without limitation, Michaels shall have the right to remove any Public Posting that violates this Agreement, applicable law, or is otherwise objectionable as determined by Michaels in its sole discretion.
You understand that if you include your email address in any Public Posting to the Site, that you may receive unsolicited emails for which Michaels bears no responsibility.
Return to top
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold completely harmless Michaels and its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including without limitation claims based upon the negligence of Michaels, arising from or related to your use of the Site, the materials it contains, and any sites linked to this Site. You further agree to Indemnify and hold us, our subsidiaries or affiliates, and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your negligence, breach of this Agreement, or violation of any law or the rights of a third party or due to or arising out of your use of the Site.
Return to top
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. MICHAELS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH INFORMATION, AND ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREUNDER, MICHAELS’ EFFORTS, OR THE SITE WILL FULFILL ANY OF YOUR PARTICULAR PURPOSES OR NEEDS;
- MICHAELS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, THE SITE OR ANY USER COMMUNICATIONS; AND
- MICHAELS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE, WHETHER CAUSED BY USERS OF THE SITE OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE SITE.
MICHAELS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE;
- THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE;
- THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MICHAELS OR THROUGH THIS SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. MICHAELS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF ANY INDIVIDUALS WHO USE THIS SITE.
YOU AGREE THAT THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FILES THAT ARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. Return to top
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL MICHAELS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AG
REE THAT MICHAELS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MICHAELS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
- THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE;
- ANY PURCHASE RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE.
MICHAELS SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATIONS ON THIRD PARTY SITES IN RELATION TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS SITE.
YOU AGREE THAT THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FILES THAT ARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR MERCHANDISE ORDERED AS A RESULT OF INTERACTIONS WITH THE SITE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON, OR REFUSE TO ABIDE BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, MICHAELS’ LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL BE LIMITED IN ALL INSTANCES TO AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $100. YOU FURTHER AGREE NOT TO JOIN IN ANY LAWSUIT WITH ANOTHER PERSON OR SERVE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST MICHAELS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE.
Return to top
Because of the dynamic nature of the Internet environment, Michaels may update, revise, supplement, modify or amend this Agreement at any time. Any update, revision, supplementation, modification or amendment shall be effective immediately upon its posting on the Site. You agree that you will be bound by this Agreement, however and whenever it is updated, revised, supplemented, modified, or amended, whether you have actual or constructive notice of, and whether you have used or continue to use the Site after the updates, revisions, supplementations, modifications or amendments.
Return to top
Entire Agreement; Interpretation
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Michaels with respect to your use of the Site. There are no other representations, warranties, terms, agreements, or conditions, either written or oral, with respect to your use of the Site except as set forth in this Agreement, and you agree that you have not relied on any other representations, warranties, terms, agreements, or conditions. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
Return to top
If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void, voidable or unenforceable for any reason by any court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, then such provision(s) shall be reformed without further action by the parties to the extent necessary to make such provision(s) valid and enforceable when applied to such facts or circumstances, with the objective of achieving as nearly as legally possible the same effect.
Return to top
Governing Law and Venue
This Agreement, the entire relationship between you and Michaels, and any litigation or other legal proceeding between you and Michaels (whether grounded in tort, contract, statute, law, or equity) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to its choice of law rules. Reasonable attorneys' fees and costs will be awarded to the prevailing party in the event of litigation involving the enforcement or interpretation of this Agreement.
This contract is fully performable in Dallas, Texas. Any litigation arising between the parties hereto shall be brought only in the state or federal courts having subject matter jurisdiction in Dallas County, Texas. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the jurisdiction of any such court and hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive any defense of an inconvenient forum to the maintenance of any action or proceeding in any such court, any objection to venue with respect to any such action or proceeding, and any right of jurisdiction on account of the place of residence or domicile of any party thereto.
Return to top
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site.
Michaels may terminate your right to use this Site, with or without cause at any time in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, your violation of this Agreement, failure to provide accurate registration data, and lack of use. In the event of termination, all representations, warranties, indemnifications, and promises made by you shall survive.
Return to top
The failure by either party to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this Agreement, to exercise any election or option provided herein, or to require at any time the performance of the other of any of the provisions herein will not in any way be construed as a waiver of such provisions.
Return to top
If you have a comment, question or request, or if you need to contact Michaels for any other reason, please contact Michaels.
Effective Date: 5/07